Nothing is better on a gluten free cracker or on a slice of bread than a homemade bread spread. I usually have meat or eggs or smoked salmon on my cracker but I like to make some new things whenever I have time. Lately, I couldn’t eat enough of the beets tapenade, it was so special. Now, I am into fish -based spreads. Normally, I would use tuna from a tin in a homemade spread like this as a tin is easy to store and I always have some at home. This time, I made it with a smoked mackerel.
- Smoked mackerel
- Big onion
- A cup of chopped parsley
- A couple of teaspoons of mayonnaise
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: boiled eggs, pickles, olives, ..
- Separate fish meat from the rest of the fish carefully. To make sure that all fish-bones are removed – squeeze the fish meat between your fingers.
- Mix fish meat with the rest of ingredients and serve!
- In principle you can add anything you like to it: corn (not Paleo), pickles, green onion, dill, boiled eggs, bell pepper, olives etc.
Happy cooking! :-)