“If one reads enough books one has a fighting chance. Or better, one’s chances of survival increase with each book one reads.” — Sherman Alexie
”Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
My favorite 5 books in 2015 :-)
category: food, health, celiac sprue, science
- Healing with Whole Foods. Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition. By Paul Pitchford.
- The Quest for Celiac-Safe Wheat with good baking properties. Ph.D. dissertation. By Hetty van den Broeck.
- Concentrated separation of wheat flour into starch and gluten. Ph.D. dissertation. By Elsbeth van der Zalm. (I am a co-author on one of the articles in this Ph.D. dissertation).
- The formation and deformation of protein structures with viscoelastic properties. (Gluten substituting protein complexes). Ph.D. dissertation. By Lieke Riemsdijk.
- Modern Biotechnology. Panacea or new Pandora’s box? By Johannes Tramper and Yang Zhu.
- Gluten Freedom. By Alessio Fasano.
- Gluten is my bitch. Rants, Recipes, and Ridiculousness for the Gluten-Free. By April Peveteaux.
- Het Bloedgroup Dieet. By Peter D’Adamo. In Dutch.
- Living Gluten-Free for Dummies. By Danna Korn.
- De houdbare vrouw. By Pim Christiaans & Hanny Roskamp. In Dutch.
- Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life. Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Science. By Claudia Welch.
- Adrenal Fatigue. The 21st Century Stress Syndrome. By James L. Wilson.
- The Inflammation Free Diet Plan. By Monica Reinagel.
- Healing our hormones Healing our lives. By Linda Crockett.
- Het Hormoon-Factor. By Ralph Moorman. In Dutch.
- Het Hormoon-Balans Dieet. By Ralph Moorman. In Dutch.
- Cradle to cradle. Re-making the way we make things. By Michael Braungart and William McDonough.
- Lipids and essential oils (ISBN: 9780470741788). Multiple contributors.
- Nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease. (ISBN: 9780123918840) Multiple contributors.
- Essential epidemiology. By Penny Web &Chris Bain.
- Celiac disease and living glutenfree. By Jules E.D. Shepard.
- Glutenfree, hassle free. By Marlisa Brown.
- The magnesium miracle. By Carolyn Dean.
- Dangerous grains. By James Braly.
- The immune system recovery plan. By Susan Blum.
- Living glutenfree. Answer book.
- The complete thyroid book. By Kenneth Ain.
- Wheat belly. By William Davis.
- 500 gluten-free dishes. By Carol Beckerman.
- Plenty. Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi. By Yotam Ottolenghi.
- Wereld Gerechten. By Gordon Ramsay. In Dutch.
- Culinary Quandries. A gluten-free dinner party. Contributors: e.g. Samantha Stein (The Happy Coeliac), Allyson Kramer.
- 500 Paleo recipes. By Dana Carpender.
- Paleo sweets and treats. By Heather Connell.
- Paleo desserts. By Jane Barthelemy.
- Gluten free on a shoestring. By Nicole Hunn.
- Glutenfree girl every day. by Shauna and Daniel Ahern.
The list of books on my Pinterest board My Books.