- Initially developed as a breakfast but turned out to be suitable even as a ‘cake’ with your tea/coffee
- No added sugar
- No sophisticated kitchen accessories needed
- Oat flakes – 2 cups
- Almond milk – 1 cup
- Raw egg – 1
- Nuts – 0.5 cup (I used Brazilian nuts ‘Dutch: Paranoten’)
- Apple – 1
- Pear – 1
- Banana – 1
- Frozen forest fruits – 2 cups (I used one box of the frozen fruits from AH)
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Fat to coat the oven dish (I haven’t used it and the bottom was a bit stacked to the dish)
- Optional: dry fruits (I haven’t used them)
- Oat flakes could be replaced by buckwheat flakes
- Instead apple & pear – it’s possible to use fruit puree
- I used homemade almond milk – recipe
- A bowl to mix ingredients
- A spoon
- A fork and a small bowl to beat the egg
- An oven dish
- Oven preheated to 190ºC
- Place 2 cups of oat flakes, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl
- Beat an egg and mix it with almond milk in another bowl
- Mix the content of both bowls together (oat, cinnamon, baking powder, egg and almond milk) and leave it for 15 minutes so the flakes can absorb the moist
- In a meantime cut nuts, apple, pear and banana in small pieces.
- Mix everything together and put it in the (optionally: coated with fat) oven dish.
- Distribute the frozen fruits on top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake it 25 minutes in 190ºC.
Enjoy your meal,