If you are looking for an alternative to milk I suggest SELF-MADE almond milk. I do not recommend shop-bought almond milk. Usually, it contains high amount of gums like xanthan gum or guar gum and other preservatives. For a healthy person this is not a problem but we celiacs have chronically inflamed intestines and we should be very careful with what we put in there.
- Not roasted almonds – pasta (EkoPlaza)
- Shaker or blender
- Tea spoon
* If you have no shaker nor blender – just give it a good stir with a spoon. The pasta is easily soluble in water!
- Fill the shaker or blender with a glass of water
- Take a spoon of almond pasta and add it to the water
- Give it a good shake/blend
- Optional: add some fresh or frozen fruits
- And enjoy!
Version with fruits requires a blender (see pictures).
The almond pasta is pricey, I know. But it will last for many glasses of almond milk. What’s even more important contains NOTHING else but almonds. Another option is to buy almonds (if you leave them in water for a while, they will be extremely easy to pill) and make the pasta yourself. But if you buy biological almonds the end price will be identical (it just gives you an additional work!).