If we went for a party to my aunt or we celebrated Christmas at my grandparents’ house – the vegetable salad with mayonnaise was always there. No matter what occasion to celebrate was it. It is our traditional food :D
I made this vegetable salad last Easter. It is delicious and filling. You can eat it at breakfast, for lunch and even with a dinner. It is gluten and dairy free. Remember that not all mayonnaise is gluten free, check the label (I used Delaan Belgian mayonnaise which is free from preservatives and color agents). Yumm!
- Carrots – 3
- Potatoes – 4
- Eggs – 5
- Green Peas – one tin/jar (about 250 ml)
- Corn – one tin/jar (about 250 ml)
- Leek – 1 big or 2 small
- Mayonnaise – 1 big spoon
- Optional: Fermented/Pickled cucumbers – 4
- Optional: ham
- Boil carrots and potatoes together (don’t let them become too soft; they need to keep their shape when you cut them in small blocks);
- Boil eggs and let them cool;
- Cut leek in small rings; wash and blanch it with boiled water; let it stay in hot water till it is cold-ish;
- Open jars/tins with corn and peas and drain well;
- Optional: cut cucumber and ham in small blocks;
- Add spices and a big spoon of mayonnaise and mix everything;
- Serve cooled.
Try it out, it is really nice.
Cheers from Arnhem!