On Saturday morning, I drove together with my partner to Rees in Germany to do our weekly shopping in the supermarket – Real. On the way from Arnhem to Rees we passed two other towns: Emmerich and Kleve. We go there from time to time to do our shopping as well.
- Arnhem – Emmerich (32km)
- Arnhem – Kleve (40km)
- Arnhem – Rees (50km)
Real (Grüttweg 42, 46459 Rees, Germany)
Why we shop in Germany
- It is cheaper than in NL
- Bigger choice of products (e.g. endless types of meats, thousands different brands)
- New gluten free brands/product
- A big choice of lactose free dairy products
- The biological vegetables (and other bio foods) are cheaper there
- German vegetables are famous for containing less pesticides
- It is fun like a mini road-trip
- Our car is very efficient so the travel does not cost us much
The first thing I acknowledged – LACTOSE FREE & GLUTEN FREE SIGNS!
The second thing I acknowledged – THE ALLERGY-FRIENDLY SHELVES ARE FULL!
The third thing I acknowledged – THINGS ARE SO CHEAP!
What I bought
..also some cheap kitchen utilities
- Waffle maker (39.99,-)
- Toaster (9.99,-)
- Brush (0.99,-)
- Cream piping bags (1.00,-)
Definitely recommended !