My favorite Breakfast Oat Cookies
- Only 3 main ingredients!
- Good source of protein, fiber and vitamins!
- No added sugar (enough of it from fruits)!
- Suitable for breakfast, lunch or a sweet tooth break!
- No blenders, no mixers needed!
- Gluten free oat flakes – 150 g
- Apple puree – 175 g
- Banana (you can replace it with two spoons of almond pasta and optional: some sugar)
- Optional: piece of fruits, dry fruits, dark chocolate pieces, nuts or seeds
- Instead of oat flakes you could use other gluten free but relatively large flakes like buckwheat flakes (quinoa and amaranth might not be the best choice here, their flakes are rather small)
- Oven pre-heated to 180ºC
- Baking paper
- Bowl to mix ingredients
- Fork to smash banana
- Spoon to mix ingredients
- Optional: balance to weigh ingredients
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Peel banana and smash it using a fork
- Weigh 150 g of oat flakes and place it in a bowl
- Weigh 175 g of apple puree and add to the flakes
- Add banana and cinnamon and mix all together
- Spoon ‘cookies’ on a baking paper
- Bake 30 min in 180ºC
Below a version of cookies made of buckwheat flakes with banana, apple pure, pieces of apple, blueberries, three types of nuts and sprinkled with sugar: