Since a couple of weeks ago, I started making my own pesto. No more shop bought pesto-like products. After I learnt that the shop bought pesto usually doesn’t even contain real olive oil, I made the decision to not be cheated anymore!
Why do I make my own pesto?
- I use organic basil
- I use the best quality, organic olive oil (raw, organic, cold pressed, not filtered, in a dark bottle)
- Homemade pesto is pure and tastes better (no unnecessary additives)
Needed kitchen appliances
- A food processor
- A kitchen bowl
- A knife
Ingredients for one pot (250 ml) of pesto
- Basil – one basil plant (about 2 cups of fresh leaves)
- Olive oil – half cup (choose oil with the best quality: raw, organic, cold pressed, not filtered, in a dark bottle)
- Pine seeds – 1/4th cup
- Garlic – 2 big cloves
- Sea salt- a big pinch
- Optional:(not Paleo) cheese, olives, nuts, pepper, cayenne pepper
Place all ingredients in the kitchen processor and pulse-grind until desired consistency.
If you decide to give it a try – I am sure you will love it!