The most difficult meal of the day when following the AIP diet is breakfast. Not always one feels like cooked vegetables or meat/fish so early in the morning. Breakfast containing too much fruit (smoothie with fruits mostly) is also not such a brilliant idea: it significantly elevates blood sugar.
~ Paleo & AIP Breakfast Pap ~
What you need
Ingredients: small apple, big carrot, 2 dry figs, hand of coconut chips, 1 teaspoon coconut fat, big pinch of cinnamon; optional: coconut milk with cinnamon as a ‘sauce’
Utensils: a frying pan and a spatula, a grater/rasper and a knife
- Rasp a carrot & peel and slice an apple
- Melt coconut fat on a pan
- Place sliced apple in the hot pan and let it soften
- Add cinnamon to apples and mix well
- In the end, add rasped carrot to apples and let it ‘warm up’ shortly
- Move everything on a plate, sprinkle with pieces of dry figs (not too many; lots of sugar!) and coconut chips
- As you can see I used a little of coconut chips but if it is something that works well for you, you can easily add much more. Bon appetit!